Professional V-shape A1 book scanner with variable glass pressure, flexible camera and light control for gentle digitization
The book2net Lizard is the professional solution for the safe scanning of collections in the A1 to A6 format, which can only be digitized with a limited opening angle.
- Dual matrix sensor technology (2 x X71 megapixel camera)
- Variable scan areas on request
- Selectable variants: 400 dpi / 600 dpi
- 0.3 sec. scanning time (2 x A2 color @ 400 dpi)
- 3.5 sec. processing time (scanning + imaging + storage)
- Book support angle 110° (other options on request)
- Book spine width up to 10 cm (optional 20 cm)
- Book spine depth compensation up to 8 cm
- LED light angle adjustable
- Storable presetting of the calibration settings
The versatile A1 V-shape book scanner
The book2net Lizard is our A1 desktop solution among the V-shape book scanners. This allows fragile books or bound documents that can no longer be fully opened for conservation reasons to be digitized gently and efficiently at the same time.
The X71 not only sets new standards in the field of modern digital cameras, it is also the heart of all our scanners. Our CMOS sensor technology is the key element of the system and enables high-resolution capturing of archive materials, books, cards, seals and objects of various sizes and structures. The X71 camera is characterized by first-class image quality, flexible handling and an incredible scanning speed.
Color accurate directly from the camera: the true color management is unique. Directly from the camera, it is possible to generate color accurate scans according to the color spaces SRGB, Adobe 1998 RGB, ECI RGB V1 and ECI RGB V2 and thus easily meet all requirements of digitization guidelines, specifications and standards.
The great advantage of True Color: Unlike the creation of an ICC profile which is calculated by a “calibration software” using a 24-bit color scan of an X-Rite Color Checker, True Color uses the advantage of all calculations and adjustments in-house Imaging area of the camera with a color depth and analysis depth of 48 bits. Colors are captured even more precisely and signal noise is minimized.
The result: METAMORFOZE, FADGI and ISO / TS 19264-1: 2017 compliant scan results.
Professional UV / IR and ozone free lighting system. With a light exposure of less than 2,500 lux and a service life of over 50,000 operating hours, the highest conservation and ecological requirements are met. The Fresnel lenses specially developed for the book2net lighting units are a major technological advantage over classic lighting units. They ensure perfect light distribution and illumination. Unwanted and annoying gradients and reflection effects that otherwise occur in very light or very dark surfaces and also with shiny materials are avoided.
Two operating modes:
1) Flash: The lamps light up slightly for the scan and then reduce their intensity again immediately after the scan. A heating up of the room, often annoying with permanent light, is avoided and at the same time the service life of the light units is extended considerably.
2) Continuous light: On request, it is possible to work with a constant light level, whereby the “brightening effect”, if it is perceived as annoying, is omitted.
Perfectly balanced counterweight guarantees smooth and easy operation of the glass plate. It stays in place on a desired level, or can be taken down without using any tools if needed to scan without any pressure.
Optionally, MICROBOX supplies this equipment together with a workstation based on the latest and most modern components of Microsoft® and Intel; a PC optimized for fast transfer rates to ensure scan and process speeds of less than 3.5 seconds.